1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My way of mounting white fox

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by LTB, Nov 6, 2015.

1. yep very nice job,, been a long time since i have wraped a body mount,, Most '' new comers '' to the taxidermy world would not be doing it if it weren't for the sake of foam forms, with that said ,if foam was outlawed most shops would close,

2. amazing, wrapping is an art in itself

3. scottdawg

scottdawg Member

That's crazy good!

4. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

That's phenomenal, great work!

5. Wingnut

Wingnut Member

Beautiful, well created, outstanding!

6. lorefuma

lorefuma Member

Nice! is a white red or a polar?

7. That's a beautifully finished fox. The old methods, used by craftsmen like yourself, still produce a natural looking mount to please the eye. Thanks for sharing it.

8. Luk

Luk New Member

Poland
    Amazing job LTB! :)

9. Awesome!! Wish I could wrap bodies for the little animals.

10. Awesome work, compliments

11. Well guys I did not expect so many positive replies ;D ;D I'm realy glad you like it :D
    lorefuma I think it is hybrid 'cause it is to big for polar but it also can not be red because of his ears, eyes and shape of the head :p
    Thanks again
    Greetings
    Tom

12. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

the reason the newbies aren't wrapping is probably because they are not being taught to. Emphasis nowadays with fast food joints,internet one click shopping gps in your cars,new technology all over the place.Customers getting taxidermy work do not understand waiting 8 months to a year for a fox,bird or deer head,they want quicker returns and will shop out the shop that will get their trophy back sooner.Therefore...students don't want to learn a time consuming old school method when they can learn to snap it together and get it out the door.Also youtube and google videos,teach them in 60-90 minutes......

13. yes you're right byrdman, I agree with you. This is sad but true that we are living in crazy world where time is the only criterion of our job. I' ve decided to show this way because of two reasons. First is that we do not have here in Poland any suppliers of foam forms. So I would have to buy a red fox from Germany or Netherlands, pay for it and shiping costs. Here in Poland noone would pay for that :-\ The second reason is that this white fox is a hybrid probably of polar a some other one. So I would change the foam form to correct size. Head was also diffrend than red fox and much more bigger than polar fox. So I can faster wrap it than change foam form, because I don't have much experience in it.
    In my opinion taxidermy is an art in itself. Maybe there are people who learn it from youtube movies, but if someone doesn't know the animal anatomy, behaviors etc. he can do taxidermy for 15 years and never makes it right.
    Thanks God we live in times that they don't sale ready animals made in China :p

14. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

Tom, I very much enjoyed this! That is true talent. I've never got the knack of wrapping bodies. It seems more difficult than carving or casting, therefore even more impressive when really pulled off well. As someone who makes many of their forms from scratch, I can appreciate the time and knowledge needed to do this. Good job!

15. That's a great looking fox, great job!!