1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Trapline Photos 2015-2016 (All are welcome to post)

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by nswiken, Nov 9, 2015.

1. nswiken

nswiken Well-Known Member

I caught this nice male swift fox in a 220 box set today. I was pretty surprised. Had three sets on a reservoir for raccoon, along with some muskrat traps.

So far: 3 beaver, 39 muskrat and one swift fox.

[​IMG]

Back at it tomorrow.

2. NJTrapper

NJTrapper Member

Re: Trapline Photos 2015-2016

Nice job! Our season doesn't start until the 15th. Fur prices are in the crapper, but still have to trap. It's in the blood. Have a good season!.

3. Doug B

Doug B Well-Known Member

Congrats on the swift, I caught my first swift last season.

4. nswiken

Set some 330s for beaver today. There is an incredible excavation in an oxbow of the creek.

The main channel with a cache and a dam.
    [​IMG]

Looking from the main channel into the canal and side pond.
    [​IMG]

This canal is over three feet deep. I set one 330 in the canal, and pushed sticks into the bottom to force the beaver to the surface. We'll see if it works.
    [​IMG]

The side pond, looking towards the canal. All the mud is pushed up by the beavers.
    [​IMG]

I suppose these mud fingers will turn into slides. Pretty neat to see.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. nate

nate Active Member

Thanks for posting these pics. Its been two years since ive been able to put any steel in the ground, because of my job. Would love to come to montana trapping. Mainly for a trophy swift fox for my collection. Keep em coming!! :)

6. BrianHendricks

BrianHendricks Member

Love those little fox ! Cool pics. I should be setting about a week from now. Can't wait for those Christmas mornings.

7. Doug B

Doug B Well-Known Member

Caught the first red fox of the season

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. NJTrapper

NJTrapper Member

Nice looking fox. They tell you to always set on sign. Looks like you found the sign with those beaver! Wow, you should do good.

9. nswiken

Snow and rain last night. Ironically, that seems to slow the beaver activity. Managed to get three and a skunk. Beavers were 40#, 36#, and 21#, left to right. One 330 tripped, but no catch, and a raccoon got into my two mink sets, so I set bigger for that. Tomorrow's Christmas, again.

[​IMG]

10. cameron2

cameron2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. nswiken

WOW! Grays are plentiful. Is that this year?

12. cameron2

This morning. Kind of taking it easy this year. I only put in 32 sets.

13. NJTrapper

NJTrapper Member

Wow, great job on the greys. Nice double. Were are you you have snow?

14. nswiken

One nice buck mink today. I moved all the beaver sets upstream. Plenty of activity.

[​IMG]

15. nate

nate Active Member

Cameron what state are you in? Snow on the ground!! We have a ton of greys here in north central minnesota. Awesome catch!!

16. cameron2

I'm in southern Nevada, just outside Vegas.

17. nswiken

A couple flat tails from yesterday. Pulled traps, for now. I ended up with six beavers, two skunks, a mink, and a porcupine. I think I need to get back in there and try some dirt holes for coyotes. I was pulling my last 330s today along a slide on the creek. I stood up, and there was a 4x4 whitetail about 4 feet from me. He blew up, and stomped out into a hay meadow. I bleated at him and he walked back to me to about thirty yards. Morning sun on a sleek buck, it doesn't get much prettier than that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. nswiken

Those will be my last pictures. My wife has been having severe allergic reactions to my fur processing, no matter how careful I am. I will have to hang up my traps. Bummed.

19. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    That stinks, but you have to take care of what is important. I wish your misses well. I hope others can keep this going, I will try later to post some pics from earlier I have pulled traps now, deer season is here.

20. nswiken

You know what really stinks? The 37 pound boss male coyote I skinned yesterday. He even had a mouth full of green manure. :eek: