1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Making a Simple Rock Mold with Silicone Caulk

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Jknuth, Jul 11, 2007.

1. FIELD2FOREVER

FIELD2FOREVER The more I learn, The more I don't Know!!

marking

2. doedumatch

doedumatch New Member

3. woakley144

woakley144 Active Member

I cast my first rock using this method! I cannot believe the detail that the mold has. I used the bondo and resin to make the rock and it turned out great! Thanks for posting this valuable and cheap way of molding, can't wait to try other things using this technique.

How can you waterproof the rock for use in a live waterfall?

4. New York Rack Master 8

New York Rack Master 8 New Member

The Greatest Thread about making rocks ever. I will try this . this weekend and post when done.

5. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

This is something that could cause a problem down the road, as you will want to have control over your life and not let your games control you. Be aware of these addictive games and try not to fall into the trap of playing them for the majority of the day.

6. lock jaw fish mounts

lock jaw fish mounts New Member

Did you ever doi the painting tutorial?

7. blklab

blklab Member

This tutorial is awesome , The only issue I had was mixing the "rondo" .... I started using a combination of the Red Hardener and the clear Fiberglass resin Hardener into the 50/50 Bond Fiberglass resin mix....
    To get it to finally kick , I hard to add more Red hardener to the mix......... The result was great though... thanks for the post.

8. crs

crs New Member

N Tx
    Great tutorial ! Thanks

9. woakley144

woakley144 Active Member

Used this to make rock molds, but it can also be used to mold tails for bobcats and coyotes... the only this I do different when I mold tails is that I use a wire and hot glue for the cast.... makes a flexible tail that can be formed into almost any shape.

makes a mold that can be used many times