1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wall pedestal or semi sneak?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Fishingrooney, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Fishingrooney

Fishingrooney New Member

So far a have two ots semi sneak mounts one left and one right. I am asking for some advice on what form would showcase this buck the best? It is my biggest so far and my taxi has left it up to me to decide. I'm stumped .

Attached Files:

2. Fishingrooney

Fishingrooney New Member

No one?

3. buckman170

buckman170 Member

I would do a wall pedestal. I love the coombs 9500, also like the 8900 and the OTS wall pedestal. Congrats on a nice buck!

4. Fishingrooney

Fishingrooney New Member

I really like the Coombs 9500. Have not seen many done on deer with smaller necks from early season. How do they look on this form

5. buckman170

buckman170 Member

Check Google images, they have a few short hair ones on there, they look pretty darn nice.

6. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

My customers ask me which form will show off the antlers the best and I usually answer them with any form you like. Besides a hard 90 degree, any form will show off the antlers as most turns really are not going to make it better or worse for viewing. Turn the mount into the room for best viewing. Shorter haired deer make the best looking mounts with the good muscle and facial detail. The taxidermist has to make the mount look good, antlers are the top of the cake.