1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Texas Taxidermy Association Convention 2008

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

June 5th through 7th, 2008
    The Texas Taxidermy Association 29th Annual Convention & Convention [​IMG]
    <A HREF="http://www.radisson.com/ftworthtx_south">Radisson Hotel and Conference Center</A>, 100 E. Alta Mesa, Fort Worth (South), TX.
    For Reservations Call: 817-293-3088.
    Contact <A HREF="mailto:[email protected]">Tina Barber</A> or <A HREF="http://www.ttai.org">visit the TTA website</A>.

2. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Texas Show Judges - Thank you & pics

A great big THANK YOU to Gary Bruch, RJ Simington, Joe Meder, Cory Caruthers and Mike Vernelson. Ya'll did an awesome job!!

3. Re: Texas Show Judges - Thank you

What did you enter and how did you do Becky?

4. Becky P

Re: Texas Show Judges - Thank you

Not as good as I hoped on some, but that's the way it goes I guess. Deer and crappie - honorable mentions, canvasback and ringneck duck - thirds, two baby coons - seconds. Either I slipped some on my deer and birds or the judging was harder than the last couple of years. Actually happy with the crappie and baby coons, wasn't sure what they would do. The crappie was a skin mount and only my second crappie to ever do and the babies were my first real attempt at carcass casting.

5. Re: Texas Show Judges - Thank you

Congrats! I'm sure you picked up a trick or two from these judges. ;)

6. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

Hey becky, we didnt get back till late from the track last night, so i didnt get to say any goodbyes, me and my boy left early this am, and got back home at 3 pm today, i agree , i got a vast amount of info from the judges on this, and since both of my peices were firsts and i knew they were the judges, that is the whole reason i brought them, this was the first competition where i didnt take a whitetail though, LOL i had a great time, thanks for the hospitality, it always makes a trip go smoother when there are people there you know. I met Jcompton and jerry h and smiley from here as well, there were a few others who said they knew who i was, LOL but they were only watchers on here, not posters, so i dont know of screen names for them. Russ

7. JerryH

JerryH New Member

I had a great time as well. It was cool to meet some of the folks I have talked to before but had never met.
    The seminars that I attended were very helpful and packed with information. All in all it was a great show now I have to wait a whole year to do it again :(

Maybe next year my skill level will far enough a long to enter something ;)

Hey Russ are your ears still ringing from the races ;D

I took some pictures of some of the mounts Becky I will email them to you, if you would post them for me I would be grateful. I can't get the hang of posting pictures on here. :-[

8. Russ of V.O.W.T

Nope Jerry, my ears are fine, but the boy was sure tuckered out, he slept from 7 am when we got in the car this morning to almost noon, i was draggin butt as well, it was hard to stay awake till the little feller woke up and started talkin to me, then i got some skittles and redbull, THAT my freind will FIRE YOU UP i was like a rat on acid, all KINDS OF ENERGY ;D but it wore off, i am sittin in the recliner and takin it easy, barely staying awake to type. :)

9. Becky P

Some of my stuff before the show.

10. JerryH

JerryH New Member

That's funny, I call them cocaine in a can ;D it will get you wired up but doesn't last long

11. Becky P

Backside of deer and pics at the show.

12. Becky P

Downloading your pics now Jerry, I'll get them posted. When I get everything I took on the TTAI website, I'll post a link to them here. I'm waiting on a disc from the photographer so all mine are snapshots, nothing fancy.

13. JerryH

JerryH New Member

Thanks
    Mine aren't fancy either just some of the many great mounts that were there.
    Now I wished I had taken more than I did.

14. Becky P

Jerry's pics

15. Becky P

more

16. Becky P

more

17. Tim

Tim Olean,NY

ny
    Re: Texas Show Judges - Thank you & pics

Wow,that lion is cool,thanks becky for sharing,all those mount look great.

18. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

That guy standing in back of it is even cooler ;)

19. Russ of V.O.W.T

he is cool, but i heard he has a fetish for corsican sheep ;D

20. Re: Texas Show Judges - Thank you & pics

Michael P wasn't at the show but 15 min. and managed to get in the pics. Hmmm? Just kidding great show!