1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ben mears forms

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by MAC1, Nov 25, 2015.

1. MAC1

MAC1 Member

Question for the ben mears gurus. I had two suo mounts done by two good taxidermist and both forms were the exact same measurements. My buck in 2010 was a right turn and my deer last year was a left turn. The right has a lot of head turn and the left one that I just got back has less turn and is more straight. Just wondering if Mckenzie changed something in the last 5 years? I like the less turn personally.

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I have noticed in a lot of forms from supply companies the left might be more or less of a turn than the right. I have also noticed that the 18 inch neck to the right may have a little difference in the turn from the 19 inch neck.

3. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

MAC1 I have come across this on Mears wall pedistals. The left and right were individually sculpted and will vary quite a bit so they are not mirror images.

4. MAC1

MAC1 Member

Thanks for the the replies. The briskit area is much bigger on my left turn. It is much beefier and is longer than my right turn.
    When I look them up in the catalog, the suo 178 and 180 look identical. They both mirror each other and appear to have a less turn then my older SUO.

5. J Cook

J Cook Cook Taxidermy

Forms may look mirrored in the catalog, but they are more than likely the same size. Go an inch or two bigger or smaller and things change.

6. MAC1

MAC1 Member

I believe that it does change on different sizes though the reason I brought it up is because the 178 and 180 are the same size in the magazine. One is right and one is left.

7. Being sculpted by hand, the forms will never never be a mirror image.