1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mammal challenge this year?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by B.S.O'Hare, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Brian

Brian Active Member

Let me go pick up a roadkill wolverine.lmao

2. Brian

Brian Active Member

Either way I can't wait to see wa and Skywalker work.2 of the best there is in my opinion.good luck everyone.

3. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

To me, and Im not criticizing Codi as its great that she would do this for all of us...I prefer a challenge where the playing field is level, like chosing ONE animal challenge. For example, most of us can mount a badger or wolverine but few can nail a weasel.

Also, Im not a big fan of the wow factor when it becomes the subject of interest over accuracy, for instance a deer head with the bigger antlers beating a modest but well done mount, etc. Beyond that, if you can wow em with accuracy and wow, thats what taxidermy is.

Now having said that, where the heck have I been??? Last I knew, skunks were in this family as well. Theyve changed it, but I didnt know that, hahahaha. Shame on me!

4. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

good point Bill.......guess I'm in then

5. ice

ice Active Member

Alaska
    I will give it a whirl.

6. Allie

Allie Active Member

Somebody recruit Snowhare!
    I don't wanna see a weasel win with a wolverine.

7. I think this will be the funnest challenge ever!

Here's a neat picture I saw on a trapping forum. I think a stellar mink mount would get my vote. We'll see what happens!

[​IMG]

8. Brian

Brian Active Member

That is one cool pic.we don't need snow hare between the people already involved I'm sure they will blow our minds.ken walker ? Wa? I can't wait.wish I had something to do.all I got is opossums lol.good luck guys and gals.

9. Bill Yox

Codi, I know you, youll certainly make it even more fun. Good luck. Oh btw, years ago I entered my first mammal mount, it was a mink, all spiked up from being wet, tip toeing through water and marsh grass. Fun project, even with ventilation I was on a resin high for days.

10. Brian

Brian Active Member

Hey Bill sounds awesome any chance ya git a pic

11. Bill Yox

Heck I hardly ever take pics, and that was a million years ago.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

How could it be so long ago my friend. You don't look a day over 500,000! Hehe

13. byrdman

that mink has a lot of issues....eyes not symmetrical , nose wrong color , ears set too high....lol....cool pic...was it in a trap or just out hunting

14. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

I'm in...hate that I can't do a skunk but I've got at least one of those in the freezer ready to go.

15. BrianHendricks

BrianHendricks Member

Check out the last line ! Does this mean we're uniformly accepting ?

Attached Files:

16. byrdman

where was this taken from and when was it published...and by who....cant believe everything you read on the net

17. BrianHendricks

BrianHendricks Member

Easy now ! LOL I don't believe half of what I see or hear ANYWHERE ! Went back to find it and couldn't. Just googled Mustelidae and there it was. ???

18. Stink badgers?! HAHA!

[​IMG]

19. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

I do think that a possum challenge in the future would be awesome. It's not often you see a possum mount and it's even more rare to see one done well.

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

I guess the deadline is coming up! I never tire of Weasel jokes so I best get to work! I have a side bet with the Jedi in training.