1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Extremely New

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by tjpeterson92, Dec 1, 2015.

1. tjpeterson92

tjpeterson92 New Member

Alright guys. I am extremely new to this. My name is Trent, and literally all I have done to this point is watch youtube videos. I am extremely interested in doing taxidermy, but in all the videos I have watched nobody ever gives a good place to purchase things. Not only that, but they give very vague descriptions on what kind of supplies I even need. I would like to go kill a coyote or a squirrel or anything to practice on. But id like to have supplies first. Does anyone know of a good supplier. and maybe even a list of general supplies a taxidermist might need.

2. freeze_1

freeze_1 Booboo, my business manager

Welcome,
    If you look up on the top right hand side of this page you see "suppliers", click on it.
    That should send you on your way.

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Joe Coombs is not on the list and I don't think Headquarters is either. I recommend them for some things as well.

4. stokedlight86

stokedlight86 Member

I have ordered a few supplies for a squirrel mount and a coyote mount from McKenzie Taxidermy supply. The prices seem par and they have a good selection. Shipping is a little expensive but since that's the only place I've shopped I don't know if it's a lot or normal.

5. D.Price

D.Price Well-Known Member

http://www.taxidermy.net/suppliers/

6. tjpeterson92

tjpeterson92 New Member

wow thanks guys. got a magazine in the mail. also learned a lot online from you guys. Thanks a lot!