1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Popsicle Stick Clock (Project Complete!)

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by LittleWolf, Dec 4, 2015.

1. LittleWolf

LittleWolf Member

My Popsicle stick clock project is finally finished. The case, made from Popsicle sticks glued together is in the style of an English Georgian bracket clock. The dial was painted by hand using acrylic paints on sheet steel while the movement is a spring-wind E. Ingraham striking movement made in 1868. Check out my article for full story (9 pages):
    http://www.alvenh.com/misc-projects/clock/

The most fun part of the project was making the painted clock dial as described on page 8. Originally, I was going to decorate the dial with paintings of wolves. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

Wow, that's a lot of popsicle sticks. looks really good.

3. LittleWolf

LittleWolf Member

Thanks. And yes...it's a lot (I lost count) of Popsicle sticks, but scrap wood from other sources were also used for supports.

4. MidwestTaxidermist

MidwestTaxidermist New Member

Wow that is pretty amazing, especially seeing all the pages of your putting it together! Seems like a lot of tedious precise work! I have a female german shepperd, your's is beautiful! :)

5. LittleWolf

LittleWolf Member

Thanks. This particular German Shepherd is called "liver and tan". :)

6. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Hard to believe that was made from Popsicle sticks. Nice Work!

7. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

That looks GREAT .

I read some of your info on the link . but might of missed how long it took you to build this . Can you let us know how long it took ???

So when will you start on a Floor Model Grand father Clock . that would be a Huge Job.

8. LittleWolf

LittleWolf Member

Thanks. The time it took was spread out over a period of more than 12 months, on and off. At one point, I lost interest and almost tossed the whole project in the trash! I'm done with clocks for now; my next project will be an old English style (built into a wooden box with lid and lock) crystal radio receiver for AM and shortwave using a high performance circuit design. It will even have a signal strength meter. Stay tuned (no pun intended). :)