1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Master Mold Maker

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by rodneyrock, Dec 8, 2015.

1. rodneyrock

rodneyrock Member

Well guy after 4 1/2 years at Hq Taxidermy supply I was let go today.
    No hard feeling love working there and helping grow the forms line
    from 150 deer to well over 600 big game and around 300 small game and habitat parts in 4 1/2 years.

I have been making molds for 33 years everything from ceramic,latex,polyurethane rubber,foam,silicone
    for resin cast and foam castings,gel coat molds and fiberglass for foam castings.
    If you need someone with my skill or know someone that could benefit from my talent
    please by all means pass on my info.
    Thanks
    Rodney Rock
    Zebulon NC
    984-500-8860
    [email protected]

2. DT10Sam

DT10Sam No flow no go!

Just a thought maybe you should start running molding classes of some sort that would benefit others such as habitat etc. Anything other than deer forms as there seems to be many on the market.

Regards,
    Sam

3. kickstart59

kickstart59 Member

Animal casting classes

4. Try McKenzie, they are in N.C. as well. Maybe they could use another person with your talents, or strike out on your own. Alot of taxidermists could use some of the knowledge that you have, and I'm sure would be willing to pay for it!

5. Yeah Rodney...the McKenzie is right down the road from me in Granite Falls...

6. Just do classes in seminars or in private, be your own boss, Make America, Independent again!

7. Gary R

Gary R Active Member

Really old post, but I wanted to update people who like myself, had hoped Rodney would do some private classes. I spoke to him late last year and he's taken a new job with one of the big suppliers. As such, he can't teach any classes without stepping on the toes of his employer. Just as an FYI to anyone like me, who was hoping he would be able to teach some of his skills to us.