1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Krowtann and Epoxy ?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by austin_0_4, Dec 12, 2015.

1. austin_0_4

austin_0_4 New Member

So being new, I have been using different tans, different products, and different tanneries just trying to find what I like and what works best for me and the setup I have. I have done a handful of capes with Krowtann, overall I think I am fond of the product but my results arent consistent. I lack that couple extra inches of stretch I keep reading about on here! Anyway, ordered some Krow-Oil and after reading there instructions online it states that "Epoxy hide paste reacts with Krowtann." My attempts in contacting someone at Ozark Woods have been unsuccessful so far, so I was wondering if anyone on here may be able to elaborate on that??

I have been using hide paste and ear liners with lots of babying and carding til dry, but would like to start using an epoxy adhesive on the ears.

Thanks,
    Austin

2. Ozark woods is open MOnday to Thursday. closed Friday Sat, and Sun. The epoxy will be fine on the ear liners, I use a two part hide adhesive from James Supply. It works well with Krowtann.
    I do the whole deer.

3. WASCO has a product # EA10 two part ear glue. I started using it after watching Rick Carter's deer video. Works great in ears and also around antler burrs. I use it with the Krowtann tanning method.