1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Customer refusing to pay

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jason.fairbanks, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I let one go once a long time ago, to a guy who actually lied in front of his young boy in doing so. I felt bad because I had taken too long, and against my better judgement, trusted him. He never came back, BUT I like to think I did get my moneys worth from it. Lets just say I caused him to lose a lot...a LOT more than I did...it was worth the money he stiffed me out of, hahaha.

2. jorgy

jorgy Member

Yes sir I am.

3. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

Let them do payments if you like , nothing leaves shop til it's paid in full , I don't do checks on final pick up anymore unless pre approved .

4. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

I tried that with a guy, he would not do the payments, claimed he could not afford $50 a month,balance was $250. I had 2 of his mounts, he paid a deposit, knew he had another guy living with him and his wife. I told to get a loan from his buddies. After 3 months of no money, I gave him 2 months to pay the balance or the mounts are now my property. still no payment, I sent a certified letter, no reply I will sell the mounts for the balance. Still no money, sold one, the other is one of my display mounts now.

5. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Here is what you can tell people who want credit:

"We have a deal with the bank, they don't do taxidermy and we don't make loans. We each have 0ur own specialty."

6. roonie

roonie Member

rip the antlers off and send them to him.

7. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

keep the antlers, send him the body half done.

8. Bill Yox

Jim!!! So, save a $30 set of antlers that arent yours, and give him the $500 deer head you want him to pay for? Brilliant! Hahaha, you might wanna rethink that strategy! Hahahahaha.

9. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

A. More guys don't give a crap about the body when they a real trophy antlers being done.
    B. who says the head and body were finished. hide pulled over a $25 manican no glue, no eyes, ears just split.

10. Bill Yox

Jim, ya ever sit with a few of your buddies, and exchange BS war stories, like "If it were me, Id..." and stories like that, and the guys give it to each other, and they all laugh? Thats what this is. Just laugh, bud. I doubt you really partially assemble a head and give it to them, if it was already finished and not being pick up. Besides, who has a $25 "manican" anyway???

Just call the guy back and tell him some guy that knows his wife came in to buy it, and you were wondering if it was ok with him.

11. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

Ha !

12. Call the client tell them, Helen Waite is your credit manager, if they want credit they can go to hell n wait.

13. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

I like that idea. sure to really get their attention.