1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need info on Auto Tanners

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Budders, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Budders

Budders New Member

Iowa
    I'm wondering if anyone out there can give me some info on the auto tanner I recently saw in the Rinehart catalog.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated! I'm currently using the Mckenzie Tan, but if this is a better option I might go that route.

2. I use one for skins that are brought to me in a delicate condition. It can save a skin that a regular process would ruin. It works nice on good skins too, and on thin skins that seem to be a problem for some tanneries, you can do quickly and very nice to work with. Just follow the instructions specifically and do not buy cheaper pickling crystals to use with it. I had an ex-employee that did not do as per the instructions and most of the skins he tanned were trash. It is like any piece of equipment, it is only as good as the person operating it. If you have any specific questions on the unit, give me a call at 361-980-9278 and I will be glad to help you.-Marty

3. Budders

Budders New Member

Iowa
    Thanks for the help Marty! I may give you a call as decision time gets closer.