1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

When ordering forms...

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by austin_0_4, Dec 17, 2015.

1. austin_0_4

austin_0_4 New Member

When ordering forms, overall I feel like my measurements are good but I keep having issues with the nose/snout of the forms I buy seeming awfully small. After a little research this phenomenon seems to be termed "pencil nosed." I am in northern WI and while our deer arent built like giants, the facial features seem to run larger than what the forms seem to and I would rather not have to invest so much time into building those features up. I tend to order through McKenzie, its convenient and super fast for me, I can order today and the item arrives tomorrow. I did order one form through Joe Coombs which seemed to be much more anatomically correct for the deer I am mounting, actually had no form modifications and it mounted up beautifully.

I guess I was just hoping someone might be able to shed some light or offer some direction on what series or suppliers I may want to consider for ordering my forms. I have spent enough on shipping returns already.

Thanks.

2. try some forms from Matuska supply out of Iowa,, they work for my Adirondack deer. with larger bone structure, same as your WI, deer would be,

3. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Revolution has some nice forms and Ohio taxi supply, nice full size head. Mears have fuller heads but stubby necks for my liking and Matt Thompson are nice also.

4. BrianHendricks

BrianHendricks Member

If you like Mckenzie's service you can call the catalog number ( 800-279-7985 ). Ask for Mike Gillis, he's the main question guy. He can explain the differences in the different lines of forms they carry. Might be something that fits your deer. He's very knowledgeable and that's why he's there !

5. BrianHendricks

BrianHendricks Member

If you like Mckenzie's service you can call the catalog number ( 800-279-7985 ). Ask for Mike Gillis, he's the main question guy. He can explain the differences in the different lines of forms they carry. Might be something that fits your deer. He's very knowledgeable and that's why he's there !