1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I got my deer head back and it looks like CRAP!!!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Saskatchewkiller, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Saskatchewkiller

Saskatchewkiller New Member

I'm new here and sent my mule deerl away five years ago. finally the guy called me and said it's done. I think it looks awful, i payed nearly 1000 dollars because he claimed to give top of the line service. I asked for a full shoulder mount but i only got a neck mount. There are pieces of hide glued on and falling apart everywhere, it is majorly shedding hair and it reeks to the high sky ( my whole basement smells like rotton meat), there are visible nails everywhere, the antlers are not straight, the eyes are loose (one fell out already), it feels wet, the cape looks like frankenstien, the one ear is hanging on for deer life, and worst of all when i hung it on the wall the mounting system he created fell apart and it broke my left g-2 off and cracked the nose. I unscrewed the back to find chunks of rotting meat and literally maggots inside it. As you can see the top piece of hide fell off right away to revel the skull cap. I am COMPLETELY SERIOUS THE PICTURES MAKE IT LOOK MUCH BETTER THAN IT IS. I'm so mad i can't even think

Attached Files:

2. Swtchmob21

Swtchmob21 Active Member

My god!! That is sooooooooo bad you have every right to be mad there is no words!!

3. The mount looks a 100yr old already, what a piece of crap that is.

4. killdeer

killdeer New Member

Although I follow this site on a regular basis, and am grateful for the knowledge that I have gained from the many great artists on here, I very rarely, if ever, comment or post anything. However, after seeing your deer mount, I feel compelled, at the very least, to ask a few questions:

1. Are you serious; this is not a joke?

2. You really paid $1000 for that mount?

3. It took five years to get it completed?

4. Is the person that mounted it now hospitalized from you beating him?

5. Is the person that mounted it now incarcerated for theft for stealing your money?

In all seriousness, I hope you take him to court and get all your money back. Then, please send the ANTLERS ONLY to someone reputable to remount it with a new cape. Remove that mount from the house ASAP!!!

5. killdeer

killdeer New Member

It even surpasses this turkey:

Attached Files:

6. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

That deer has been around a lot longer than 5 years...who are you trying to fool?

7. Thank you Joey !

You guys that felt sympathy or being played !

8. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

X2 on that. I call shenannigans.

9. Bunch of nonsense. That thing is ancient.

10. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Defintely without a doubt. Someone thinks they're funny. Ha Ha Ha. ::)

11. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I think it looks fine...Except for that yellow zip-tie on it's antler. That has to go.

12. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Hey, You guys don't like it, I'm offended. That is a picture of my World Show entry

13. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    This is stupid, I look forward to when this site gets better content and it's worthwhile to post again..

14. scottdawg

scottdawg Member

Looks like a joke to me. Op just trying to create a ruckus.

15. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I find it disturbing that anyone took the post seriously. That is more unbelievable that someone took the post as real..

16. killdeer

killdeer New Member

Shame on me - and I actually thought it might have been a real story.

17. mmwtdh

mmwtdh Member

Agree with this....

18. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

You have nothing to complain about it's a very nice high-quality mount something to be proud of for the rest of your life

19. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

You are correct...if it was a first time mount done in 1950 on a homemade form using a 2 x 4, with excelsior wrapped around it, paper Mache and the original skull after reading your correspondence course on taxidermy, booklet number 5 , Lessons 18 - 21 from the Northwestern School of Taxidermy! Now how do you suppose I would know that?!!!

20. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    Or 1850 HA HA