1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

UTA Auction back by popular demand

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by finazducks, Dec 19, 2015.

1. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

One of our great Donors from last year Matt Smith of Hurst, Texas has agreed to donate a class to the UTA once again. This time Matt has givin us a class for THREE DAYS. The lucky bidder will get to mount a finished waterfowl mount with a water habitat.
    Also the winning bidder will recieve a set of Matt's videos. This auction will not include transportation, or room and board. The auction will run from now till January 8th. at midnight pst All bids must be placed on the industry section of the Taxinet Forums. I will start this auction for $500 This will be one of the best opportunities for aspiring competitors.

2. wings II

wings II New Member

Tony - I want to thank You and the UTA for giving me another opportunity to support the United Taxidermists Association this Year. I want to make this auction fun so First off→

*EVERYONE that Bids In support of this UTA Auction will receive one random prize in the mail. I will send out painted Wood Duck Heads, Bodies, mini apoxy sculpt kits, eyes...even my Wood Duck Secrets DVD set from www.BlueRibbonBirdsDvd.com to one of the bidders.

Second - The Winning Bidder will be the first person ever to mount a Hooded Merganser with me. If you want to see my Hooded Merganser techniques first hand - you'll want to bid on this 3 day action-packed class : )

We will do it up right and build a beautiful habitat in a Walnut Base from our friends at WalnutHollow.com with a cast bait fish, rock mix, habitat and 2 part water from Taxidermy.Net's sponsor McKenzie Taxidermy Supply Ltd.

3. wings II

wings II New Member

[​IMG]

4. wings II

wings II New Member

[​IMG]

5. wings II

wings II New Member

[​IMG]

6. wings II

wings II New Member

Was asked if the Winner could mount a Wood Duck instead - yes absolutely : )[​IMG]

7. wings II

wings II New Member

Or if you want to work on something else we can structure the class around your training needs.[​IMG]

8. sgsmith

sgsmith Member

I'll bid $ 600.00

9. finazducks

Wow, Thanks Matt. This is a win win for the winning bidder and the UTA. Thanks for all bids. I can see this will be a great class 1 on 1 with MATT

10. finazducks

This will be a great New Years present for someone.

11. I spent a few days with Matt earlier this year, I learned a lot about birds, also Matt will take unexpected detours at night on dark curvy roads. But back to the birds, it might be the best money you ever spend on learning taxidermy.

12. Jon W.

Jon W. Member

I'm in for 700. Thanks Matt!

13. finazducks

Thanks Jon W only five days left to bid We are not even half way to what this would cost you.

14. $850. Very generous offer Matt, thank you!

15. finazducks

Thank You Marshmonster. Everyone interested, go back and read what Matt is going to do for you. Worth a ton

16. finazducks

only two days left too bid

17. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Looks like a great training class -- $925.00

18. finazducks

I ask the winner to post pics of their finished mount. This will be a great class. Thank You Wildthings

19. finazducks

This auction will end at midnight tonight don't miss out. Remember everyone that bids get a free prize from Matt. Can't wait to get mine.

20. fowlweatherfowler

fowlweatherfowler Well-Known Member

NW Ohio
    Put me in for 1000 got some fine tuning I would like to do