1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Gobbling Turkey neck ?????

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by RWTAXIDERMY, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Why the big difference in foam inserts on freeze dried heads, I have had heads com back with inserts looking like an elongated "S", some come back with a slight curve, and some with just straight foam inserts........Would all 3 be considered anatomically correct based on the gobbling pose or is the neck only in one position when gobbling?

2. Birds Only

Birds Only Member

The foam inserts vary on all the heads you will get. Pay no attention to any of them unless your using a system set up that requires it. I personally cut them all off and use reference photos for position and lengths. Hope this helps.

3. OK, So looking at these following photos of live turkeys gobbling, it would almost be safe to say the neck is damn near straight in these photos......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

I would say there is curvature in the neck on both of those photos.The line you have from the eye to the form does not follow the exact path of the neck on either of the pics.I think pic B is the one I sent to you if I remember correctly.
    If you would use a straight neck form you would not be able to achieve either of these poses.

5. Thanks AAron, I just viewed your message with the attached photo......