1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Time for the annual trip to McKenzie in a car too small for too many supplies...

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Amy, Dec 30, 2015.

1. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Here in New Hampshire we hang any politician who suggests a Sales or Income Tax, or we ship them back to Taxachusetts...lol

2. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Amy, it looks that you probably had over $1000.00 worth there.why not just get the 12 percent discount and get it shipped by truck for free.

3. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

Say what? FREE? You've got my interest .. But I've not heard of this offer, can you explain?

4. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

I don't know what your gas costs but we have orders twice that size shipped by truck for 190.00. and you don't have a whole days labor driving back and forth.

5. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

I'm less than an hour from McKenzie so the whole trip is accomplished in less than 3 hours and my car gets over 30mpg, so in my case you can see how I'm saving money, but if it was a lot further then yes, it would possibly not be worth it. You'd think my shipping rates would be reasonable being that close, but last year I had an order much smaller than this shipped and it cost almost $200. Seeing as how close I am, I felt pretty stupid.

6. balsamln

balsamln New Member

WI
    After reading these posts I'll never take SpeeDee Delivery for granted. Just got $2,000 worth of bear/deer forms and bunch of wall habitat and shipping was roughly $70. I'm assuming they shipped from Janesville which is 300 miles from me. It was basically $13 per large Mckenzie box.

7. . That's true

8. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Amy, if you place an order threw Mckenzie and say it's $1200.00 they give you a 12% discount which you save $144.00and that is used to pay the shipping cost threw a freight truck. I had a huge box bigger than a refrigerator with lifesize bighorn a few elk, deer and antelope and shipping threw truck Co. Was just over my saving by like 25 bucks. So I actually paid $25 for shipping plus no forms to put back together.