1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Here's one for the books...lol

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by JL, Dec 31, 2015.

1. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

65 years in the business and never ran into this situation. Finished the customer's deer head and called him to pick it up....he's way up in Maine. Got a recording and left a message. Week later did the same thing and asked "Is there a problem"? Still no message from him...now I email him and it doesn't come back, so I know he got the message.. All these contact addresses and telephone numbers are from my contract page. He's an old customer and a guide and he usually brings me a bunch or Ruffed Grouse and Woodcock when he picks up his mounts. My State allows me to send out a certified letter for collection, and if not satisfied I can retain possession and sell the mount.....which I am about to do. But I decided to Goggle his name and got his website ( didn't know he had one ) and saw an email address that was different than the one I had...so I emailed him my concerns and my telephone number. ( Before sending out the letter). He called within two hours and told me that all those contact numbers were obsolete since he had moved his whole operation and had new numbers. I guess adding a little patience on my part resolved the problem. Oh yea! He has a bunch of Woodcock and Grouse he wants me to mount for a display in his new lodge and a few for me.....phew.

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

It's happened to me several times. Each time it happened, I happened to run into one of their friends and got the correct number. Good thing most customers bring their friends and /or family with them when the bring something in.

3. nate

nate Active Member

Mounted a badger for a guy one time. He paid in full. When it was finished i call and no answer. Tried that for six months with no luck. About a year later i get a call from his wife (from a different number and address). He died!!! So i delivered it to her. Felt bad as she started to cry when she seen it. Said it reminded her him as he loved to trap!