1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Stipple Effect...

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by KEVIN T., Jan 2, 2016.

1. KEVIN T.

KEVIN T. patience...........

Hello..I was wondering if there is a special tip and needle combination to make this Stippled look? I use either my Paasche or my Badger. Thank you for any or all help...

2. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I turn down the air pressure and adjust the tip to get what I want. Practice on a piece of white poster board to get what you want. Good luck...JL

3. KEVIN T.

Thank you JL...That makes perfect sense! I need to practice this, I have a couple of Yellow Perch replica's to do. Thank's Again,DIGS

4. Steve.J

Steve.J Member

Badger makes a stippling tip for the Velocity series.

5. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Try searching using "spatter" instead of "stipple". Pretty sure Badgers is called a spatter tip/cap ?
    John

6. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

powdered charcoal

7. KEVIN T.

Thank's everyone...I will give them a call...DIGS

8. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I should have gone deeper in this old memory and mentioned how we did it before the airbrushes showed up. We used an old tooth brush and thinned down paint. Dip the brush in the paint and run your thumb across the bristles aiming the spatter on the mount. Had to go back a ways for this one. Good luck...JL

9. KEVIN T.

Thank's JL I enjoy hearing about the "old'" way .......Worked then and will work now.

10. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

I also have used the toothbrush application. It works really well on some things, and not so much on others. It's very effective on certain things!! Didn't think to mention it JL. Good call.

Jimmy