1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What is the most beautiful animal skull?

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by btr, Jan 4, 2016.

1. btr

btr Member

What is your vote for the most beautiful animal skull?

I suggest the javelina:

[​IMG]
    (not my picture)

2. AH7

AH7 New Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have an aesthetically great water buffalo, but I am more excited to look at some of the really rare things I have.

3. btr

btr Member

Post a picture if you want!

4. The most beautiful skull... My vote goes to a clean one!

5. nuclearjunky

nuclearjunky Member

The most beautiful and impressive skull I know is the Siberian Tiger with its enormous fangs and saggital crest. I would love to have one, but it seems to be something far from realistic. Does anyone of you have one in your Collection?

I also like skulls of hyenas and brown bears. Especially hyena skulls look amazing.

6. nuclearjunky

nuclearjunky Member

The most beautiful and impressive skull I know is the Siberian Tiger with its enormous fangs and saggital crest. I would love to have one, but it seems to be something far from realistic. Does anyone of you have one in your Collection?

I also like skulls of hyenas and brown bears. Especially hyena skulls look amazing.

7. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Many could be called beautiful I guess. I don't have a Siberian (I wish) but I do have a tiger/lion crossbreed that is almost as unique. Other than that, I think my personal favorite skull is the one my own brain is situated in.

8. jfake

jfake Member

As long as its not yellow they are all nice in their own right. IMO

9. big dan

big dan Member

utah
    The most beautiful skull is the one not on my wall anymore cause the customer picked it up

10. Personally, I've always liked the marine mammals. Between the unique sleekness of them and the teeth ratios (a killer whale skull looks like something right out of a Beetlejuice remake), and I've always thought that the dentition of crab-eating seals was especially... I don't know if elegant is the world, but certainly cool. Flying lemurs have cool dentition too and I like the larger eye orbits on species. I'll always have a special appreciation of the larger carnivores (especially the big cats) because they impress me the most. And I like the primates too because of the reflection of myself that I see in their design (I'm just narcissistic like that). Of course all that comes down to opinion of course, and as stated already, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". My current favorite skull of mine is the lion I've been working on for like a month now. Almost done! :) (If I ever get a cheetah, it will be my favorite in my collection I strongly suspect).

11. btr

btr Member

Yes, the crab eating seal is definitely up there!

[​IMG]