1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ringneck Pheasant question

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by birdstuffer, Jan 4, 2016.

1. I have a customer that insists that I mount his pheasant standing alert with it's tail almost straight up. I've looked for a reference picture of one with it's tail almost straight up but can't find one.I was wondering if anyone else has a picture or a mount with it's tail that high? Gotta do what the customer wants....

2. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

googled "ringneck pheasant with tail erect" lots of pics with tails up...but none straight up......sage or ruffed grouse do that...don't know about pheasant

3. nate

nate Active Member

Cheri, i'm working in north dakota and see a ton of pheasants. I have seen them do that. Particularly right after they land. Kinda neet. Neck stretched out and tail almost straight up!! Good luck getting a picture though as these late season birds are really skitish.
    I guess only a taxidermist would notice dumb things like that!! Ha!!! :eek: ;D

4. 689

689 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. nate

nate Active Member

Yep, there you go nina!! Only their heads were rerect and alrert like they were gonna kick somethings arse!! Lol!!

6. Ugh..I'm not a fan of that look at all. To each his own though. Show him that picture Nina posted and then one of your beautiful mounted pheasants. Maybe he'll change his mind. that pose just doesn't do the bird any justice whatsoever in my opinion. But...it ain't my bird.

7. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Well-Known Member

best I could find

Attached Files:

8. Wow! Thanks everybody! I guess he was right! I don't like it either but he insists on it and it's a beautiful green pheasant with a perfect tail. Seriously thanks again for the help! ;D

9. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

the wind is blowing the tail up in a lot of those pics......