1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Whitetail Forms for Mule Deer???

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by 8Point, Jan 8, 2016.

1. 8Point

8Point Member

Quick question.... do you pros use whitetail forms for mule deer mounts?

2. dcooper

dcooper Member

I'm no pro, but the heads are so different that you would need to use a changeout head. With all of the different whitetail forms, using a form with a mule deer head gives a lot more options on mounting a deer.

3. 8Point

8Point Member

That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure what people thought (do). I'm about to mount my 1st mule deer but can't help but notice the drastic difference between available selection between the 2 types of deer forms..... seems odd I guess. Muel deer are different than WT from an anatomical perspective but..... I guess I just have to ask since I really haven't seen much conversation on the topic.....

4. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

Use a mule deer form, period.

5. dcooper

dcooper Member

Do a search of "Mule deer and whitetail forms" and you'll come up with several posts regarding this topic that have been posted over the past few years. I've always preferred to just use a mule deer form, but if you want a certain pose...

6. 8Point

8Point Member

Ten four. I hear ya. That's the response that I kinda thought I'd get but just wanted to check. Thanks for taking the time to reply I really appreciate it!

7. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

ALMOST every supplier carries a mule deer line.

8. I have used a whitetail form to mount a mule deer, just get a change out head. Worked well for me