1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Headed to St Paul for kings

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by txoutdoors, Jan 13, 2016.

1. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Setting in anchorage now and will be hitting the puddle jumper to the island in a few hours. With any luck I will get my hands my first king eider tomorrow. So stoked! Planned this trip for the last year and a half. As long as this Texan can stay warm it should be good. Will update this post in a few days when I get back into cell phone coverage.

2. fowlweatherfowler

fowlweatherfowler Well-Known Member

NW Ohio
    Awesome!!! It's been a dream of mine. I was going to do it this upcoming season but have a buddy that wants to go that is in school for another year. So 2017 it is. Look forward to some pictures.

3. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

Good luck.
    What an awesome adventure.

4. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

You going with Charlie or Moe ?

5. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Charlie

6. duckhntr594

duckhntr594 Duckin' & Pluckin' Taxidermy

I went with Charlie last year and had an amazing time! You will have a blast for sure. His crew is outstanding and guides are second to none. We killed our kings in no time plus got our foxes to bring home. It is definitely a trip like no other! Good luck and stay safe out there!

7. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

Shoot me a extra one. I'll pay shipping ofcourse lol

8. Was there this week last year with charlie..... Take it all in.... They take good care of you.

9. It's not the end of the world but you can see it from there!

10. bucksnort10

me too !!! LOL

11. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Just hit anchorage headed back to Dallas. Weather was rough until the last morning. Only had one harlequin hen until the winds died down the last morning. Then the good lord blessed us and we were able to connect with a few. My buddy got his limit and I got 2 drakes and a hen. Charlie took good care of us and worked hard to get us on birds. Can't say enough good things about his outfit.

Attached Files:

12. bucksnort10

Congratulations!
    Have a safe trip home.

13. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Wow great hunt.