1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Herford bull shoulder mount

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by fowlwheelin, Jan 14, 2016.

1. fowlwheelin

fowlwheelin New Member

Hi guys and gals I had a call to do shoulder mount on a 2300 lb bull. Not real sure what to charge to this. I talked to Yost Tannery and they said could be aprox 600.00 just to tan the cape. I'm guessing 200.00 for the manikin . any ideas on what you would charge? Thanks
    I

2. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Active Member

3. Guttbag22

Guttbag22 Member

Man $600.00 just to tan for shoulder is it me or is that high? I get charged 175 for my shoulder mount cape

4. Guttbag22

Guttbag22 Member

Sorry thought it was bull elk my bad

5. I just ordered the longhorn form from van dykes... $98 for shipping it.. I'm at $2000 for the longhorn shoulder

6. jk

jk Member

About 15 years ago I mounted a miniature Hereford bull shoulder mount. I found a paper form that I think research still carried. The head was close but had to alter the shoulders a lot. I cut the head off, cut the cardboard form both directions, removed about 4 inches both ways. Put the form back together, added some reinforcement and a plywood back and then foamed the entire inside. The final result was a really cool mount. (The customer broke down and cried when she saw it.) I think I only charged about $650. To do that today I would have to have more than double that, it was a learning experience for me that worked out.

7. fowlwheelin

fowlwheelin New Member

Thank you for all of the reply's . I think our customers don't realize the cost of the complete process it takes to turn out beautiful mounts.