1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

UNRULY HAIR

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by mark w, Jan 15, 2016.

1. mark w

mark w Member

I mounted 3 deer this week, Krowtan on all 3, No issues on the first two but the hair on the one today won't lay decent, a lot of cow licks, what can i use to lay it down. and what could this be from
    Thanks for any input

2. Try Hair Gel- let dry with mount-brush it out when finished- works great on the seam too!!

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I get one like that every now and then and I just use my Pro-1 hide paste as a hair gel and comb it out when the mount is dry. I have heard that "acid shock" causes it as well as a plethora of other guesses, however, I don't remember if a conclusion was reached. It's in the archives.

4. woakley144

woakley144 Active Member

When I get a "wild" hair I use Rave hair spray then use my fin carding screen to hold the spot down until it sets. usually in a couple of days, then use my wool card to comb and straighten the hair out.

5. mark w

mark w Member

Thanks for the info

6. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

Van dykes has some stuff I think it's called show groom that works good for this . A pint will last a long time . I also do what Tanglewood said , brush on some pro - 1 hide paste