1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Best glue to use for dp deer mount

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Dannynewman, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Dannynewman

Dannynewman Well-Known Member

I'm wondering what will really hold detail without a bunch of pins and carding for deer mounts with dry preserve method,I've used mckenzie paste but still get a lot of movement and drumming, I need something to really lock other down,

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Before you put on the DP, spray the hide down with Stop Rot and let it soak in for an hour or so. Then use a good epoxy hide paste and make sure you use 100% coverage. Any place you scrimp and don't use it, the hide is going to drum.

3. Dannynewman

Any certain brand work better than others that you would recommend

4. Dannynewman

I'm worried about running out of time with epoxy it takes me about 4 hour to mount start to finish is thistill to long for epoxy

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Epo-Grip has a 6 hour time frame HOWEVER, with all epoxies, once mixed, spread it out on a sheet. The chemical reaction accelerates drastically if left in the "pot" If you mix in a 4 inch deep cup, it's likely to kick off in 30-60 minutes where as if you mix it and put on on a miter board, you'll get the max time. If you'd feel more comfortable, get your hide on the form, roll the neck skin forward and only mix enough to do the neck. Then mix enough for the face and paint it on through the open mouth area.. Or vice versa.

6. Dannynewman

Thanks so George I will try that