1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Used Copy of Blue Ribbon Birds By Matt Smith

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Trapper2016, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Trapper2016

Trapper2016 Thanks for this awesome forum!

Hello everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to look this thread over. I have been looking for some good avian mounting instructional DVD's. We have alot of Wood ducks around here, and i have mounted a few but did not get the results i wanted. I believe a good instructional DVD will greatly enhance what meager skills i have, and i really love looking at Matt Smith's work here on the site. His wood ducks are impecible. I checked out Matt's site and he sells, what looks like an amazing DVD set that breaks down mounting a wood duck in great detail. I would love to get me one of these, but the price is a little much for my situation right now. Its definetly worth the asking price, but if i can find a used copy i would be very thankful. I was wondering if any of the great bird taxidermists on here might have a used copy that they would be willing to part with. If so, please send me a message. If not, i will just pony up and save up, and get the DVD's new when i get the funds. Thanks for reading, and for this awesome site.

And thanks for putting these DVD's out Mr. Smith. Your work is amazing.
    Chris

2. hunt439

hunt439 New Member

It is well worth saving the money and buying a copy from Matt. You will get your moneys worth AND MORE. Excellent dvd.
    Mike

3. ronjr1

ronjr1 New Member

X2

4. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

Anyone that has it will probably keep it. Save up and buy your own.

5. pipelayer

pipelayer Member

Matt's DVD is the best taxidermy DVD I've ever seen....and I have an entire library of them. I've watched it 6 times so far and I learn something new each time...I can't wait for his next ones...well worth the 88.00

6. Trapper2016

Trapper2016 Thanks for this awesome forum!

Thanks for the reviews of the DVD everyone. It looked like one of the best out there. Hope this wasnt an innapropriate thing to ask. Anyway, ill just save up and purchase it new sometime in the coming months. Thanks again

7. I will throw my 2 cents in....I am not a new or beginner taxidermist, but I am always looking to improve. I bought Matt's DVD, and besides my Rick Krane fish DVDs, this is absolutely the best DVD I own.....I wouldn't think of selling it.....!!

8. retriever5

retriever5 New Member

I received my 3 disc set last week and they are Great! I would definitely recommend them.

9. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Got mine in today. And a weeks class scheduled with him at the end of the month!