1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

THINGS WE HATE

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Sonnyknight, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    I know I complain way to much about the thing I skin and some time mount. Is there any thing you guys hate I hate skinning turtles and mounting rabbits. All complaints about animals welcome.

Sonny

2. I'm starting to hate stock mounts, nearly every guy that walks through the door wants a 6900. There's no challenge in it. I love custom pieces where I can really get creative. I also hate skunks, and squirrels.

3. Hahaha I hate rabbits too! I also can't stand taking cartilage out of animals.

4. Turning noses! Ears are a pain too. Turkeys are a hug love hate. Hate putting them together.... Love grooming them...

5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I hate everything except fleshing, sewing, and painting turkey heads.

6. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    I to hate turning eyes,ears and noses.

7. conor44

conor44 New Member

FUR SLIP!!! The cancer of taxidermy.

8. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    so true

9. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

I hate the fact that we tend to have at least one open cut on our fingers at all times....and everything we do has salt in it!

10. phoenix-cry

phoenix-cry Active Member

I hate splitting lips. I would turn ears all day long if someone else would do the lips. As for fleshing I don't hate it so much as I kinda just suck at it. ;)

11. I hate skinning the very end of opossum tails. I haven't had one not rip on me yet.

12. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    Does this just happen to me. Wen my neighbor comes over he feels the need to tell me that I need to sell every thing in my own personal collection in my show room and I try to explain to him that wen a customer come and wants to see how good I am I could not show him anything and he just keeps telling me to sell and take pictures it is quite annoying.
    A picture is worth a thousand words a mount is worth a million words.

Sonny :)

13. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Brooke I hate hitting the same wound such as a needle slice every day. I forget about it until it gets hit with Lacquer thinner.
    My other dislike is getting a fat bear in in the evening. I don't have a walk in cooler and that means a late night of fleshing. They are a pain to me. The old hands don't like the fleshing process with a beam, knife and wheel. The next day they are swollen and can't bend my fingers for a while.

14. Brian

Brian Active Member

Everything about it except when I get paid.lost all interest in doing taxidermy.maybe I'll do it again one day.lol