1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 9~ February Edition 2016!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Wow some awesome fish on here as always! This was my first warm water fish. Smallmouth. It didn't have any markings on the body. Take care everyone.

2. Here's a golden trout I did for a friend
    [​IMG]

3. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

I will concur. Would like to see a closer pic of the Greenie Tim. I have to say I was scrolling slow as I always do and saw your name first and immediately said to myself: "Good, I get to see some of Tim's fish today" before I even got to the pic. Nice, nice work......

4. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    Thank you for all that commented on the picture I posted and to all that have shared their work. Thanks Brian W, here's a close up of the Green Sunfish.........
    [​IMG]

5. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Wow.....Beautiful fish. Thanks for the close up Tim.

6. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Such beautiful work by all truly inspiring! A great month for sure!

7. UFD

UFD New Member

Wow, what a great month in fish pictures that harkens back to the good ol' days. Lots of wonderful sharing of fish work from everyone - the enthusiasm is contagious and compels me to share also!

The following are some commercial projects from the months of December, January, and part of February, and I was delighted to use the outstanding Still Life lenses for the eyes on all of them except for one fish (due to needing an eye larger than the maximum size of 18mm):

First up is a collection of Rockfish for a WA customer fishing in British Columbia, Canada. They include a 21" Yelloweye Rockfish, a 15" Quillback Rockfish, and two 13" China Rockfish. They are all skin mounts with the real fins but have cast heads.

[​IMG]

Next are a couple Steelhead replicas based off my 43 x 23.5 Steelhead blank, each modified slightly to match a 43.5" x 23.5 buck and a 41.5" x 24" buck, and representing fish caught on Olympic Peninsula rivers in WA.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's a 39" hen Steelhead, also to represent a fish from an Olympic Peninsula, WA river. This cast is one I molded in the early 90's and is still available from JG Replicas. Placed on none other than genuine McKenzie artificial driftwood!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then here's a Coho Salmon replica to represent an Alaskan specimen for a customer from AK using my 35" x 21.5" cast.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This next pair of 15"-16" fish are the first Tiger Trout I have mounted, both for a WA customer catching them out of a couple different mountain lakes in WA. They are both skin mounts with the natural fins but with cast heads.

[​IMG]

And last but not least, an eastern WA 19" skin mount Largemouth Bass with a cast head.

[​IMG]

8. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Just beautiful UFD!!! Thanks for sharing. Ollie

9. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Exellent work!

11. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Wow! Thanks for sharing Dave. Amazing as always

12. hambone

hambone Member

What better inspiration to this site than to see UFD posting again, I love seeing his salmon, keep posting them please.

13. UFD

UFD New Member

Thanks, guys! :)

14. Ron Kelly

Ron Kelly Active Member

How do you follow that! Uncle Freakin Dave!! Haha! Glad to see you back!

15. Best month for a long while , plenty of great inspirational work and good to see some new contributors with some different fish. ;)

16. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

Well, for the ones that said the Month in fish pictures is dead. This month is proof its not. Great works everyone. I really enjoyed seeing the creativity and fine fish work, looking forward to the next.

17. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

Everyone, great job, wow!

18. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

You don't.... You just sit there like the rest of us, jaw hanging down around our knees... ;D