1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Donating taxidermy work in benefit

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by austin_0_4, Feb 9, 2016.

1. austin_0_4

austin_0_4 New Member

Hey guys,
    I wanted to see if anyone has done anything like this. A friend of mine was diagnosed with a very rare form of cancer. They are putting on a benefit for him...and naturally I want to help in any way I can. He runs an archery shop and is one hell of a guy. The crowd will be mostly guys that love to hunt and be outdoors. Im thinking of offering one or two free whitetail shoulder mounts that I would do in his benefit. His family coordinating the benefit think it is a great idea, they would raffle off the certificate for a shoulder mount and whatever it goes for will go to my friend. Im more than happy to do it. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?? Anything in particular I need to consider in doing so??

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

2. rookie541

rookie541 New Member

Wal-Mart did a silent action for Victory Junction Gang Camp that I donated a shoulder mount and it was the highest item bided on and got a lot of business because of it was well. Not quite the same situation your looking at but looks to me you win and most of all they win too. Only issue I had some people wanted to know if they didn't hunt if I would supply the antlers and cape if they won the bid.

3. bowelk

bowelk Member

I've donated in much the same way as you the opportunity to do. It will come back to you in spades. A small price to pay to help your fellow man/woman.

4. austin_0_4

austin_0_4 New Member

That was one of my main concerns, the winning bidder not having a deer or antlers. I have a handful of nice capes in the freezer which Id be happy to supply one if needed. I was thinking of putting some terms on the back of the certificate to address that. Some of the guys up here I have asked what they thought and the big one they see is "What if I win the bid, but dont get a decent buck come hunting season."

5. rookie541

rookie541 New Member

Do not have an expiration date, As long as they have certificate in had just make sure you can tell its not a copy.

6. J Cook

J Cook Cook Taxidermy

I did this and still have not seen the certificate after 9 years.

7. s.iker

s.iker New Member

i would hope the people bidding would hunt or donate it to someone who does, or re donate if they win... Just my thought... :eek:

8. I've done this before and I didn't put a expiration on it and had it where the winner had to contact me within 10days of winning so I knew who they were. I put them down in my books so when they did eventually show up I knew who they were. I would not provide a cape or antlers. You are donating a mount already so they should provide the deer. They shouldn't trying to benefit more than what you are already offering. The main focus is that your friend is the primary beneficiary of the whole deal. It's always good to help out when you can, but don't let others take advantage of you.