1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Airbrush whats your guys and gals opinion?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by TheBigGuy1976, Feb 18, 2016.

1. TheBigGuy1976

TheBigGuy1976 New Member

Guys and gals,
    I am looking to buy a new airbrush I have Iwata now but I have had problems in the past with them was looking into maybe a badger what's your thoughts opinions and advice on this matter . I do mainly whitetails but I am starting to mount other animals but no fish!

Thanks in Advance
    The Big GUy

2. bowelk

bowelk Member

You'll get lots of opinions on this topic, but seriously, check out Harder & Steenbeck airbrushes. They are German made. Google - Precision German Airbrush

3. Dannynewman

Dannynewman Well-Known Member

I bought $16 double action airbrush brand new from ebay, I'll never use anything else, had expensive ones they suck for the money you spend

4. davehyer

davehyer Active Member

I have pasche, Keats, badger velocity and badger krome.

The badger krome is a very good air brush.

5. Matt

Matt Active Member

If you're going to do mainly wts, a pashce single will do everything you need and then some. With it set up right, you can paint any fish with it as well. They are the work horse of the industry, been using the same one for 20+ years. Oh, I have a velocity, and its a really nice brush, but the pasche will do everything you need it to do set up right.

6. Shooterschoice

Shooterschoice work is for people who dont fish

I have yet to find a decent double action. IMO they are all crap, All of mine are badger 200's and badger 200-20 for detail

7. TheBigGuy1976

TheBigGuy1976 New Member

Thanks Everyone

8. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

I like the Iwata double action top feed. they are easy to clean. A little pricey but parts are easy to get as well.

9. jason.fairbanks

jason.fairbanks Member

Yes one of the most opinionated topics to discuss. I started with paasche talon and didn't like it at all. I know several taxidermist who use their products with great results but I never cared for the quality. Since then I have upgraded to an Iwata siphon feed and a badger gravity feed and I think it was money well spent.