1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fleshing wheel modification

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by austin_0_4, Feb 21, 2016.

1. austin_0_4

austin_0_4 New Member

A while back I had read on a thread, or numerous threads, about guys who had modified their fleshing machines. Or more particularly, modified the guards so they could be adjusted forward or backward by adjusting a screw or similar. I have a Dakota V, its been a great wheel but whenever I have to make an adjustment I feel like I am nearly back to ground zero! So I was wondering if anyone out there has done this, I cant seem to locate those threads again...? I trying to find someone who would maybe share how this was done?? Or give some pointers.

I am pretty well done with all my shaving for the season so I'm thinking I can tinker with this a bit and decommission the wheel for a while to figure this out!

2. I don't remember the title to the thread you are talking about but I remember reading it. The guy modified his guards at a machine shop which is great but he had taken picture of the Dakota Pro guards there for them to build which is kind of wrong to do. Good Luck