1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 9~ March Edition 2016!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Mar 1, 2016.

1. dougp

dougp Active Member

Yes......great start with Rick leading off with some beauts! I really like your walleye Jimmy. Don...great stuff! The char especially opens the box to so many creative options.
    Very nice. I need to get in touch with you.....

Dave Campbell...from last MIFP....exemplifies what we aspire to accomplish...beautiful Dave!

2. dougp

dougp Active Member

Not sure if I posted this before.... ???

Attached Files:

Timjo likes this.

3. wow...This site needs a "LIKE" button. that redfish and burbot look real.

4. dougp

dougp Active Member

A little "photo fun" with a big pike in process.......

Attached Files:

5. Guys I'm at a loss for words this month, what some great fish work.

6. UFD

UFD New Member

Awesome start to the month, guys, way to go!

Thanks for the nice words, Doug. :)

Here's a Steelhead that was mostly a February project but spilled over into March a little. It's a replica of a catch-and-release winter-run Washington Steelhead caught last February, and is based off my TS-5 36.75 x 20.75 blank with the girth enlarged to 21.5". The customer elected to pay a chunk more than my standard commercial price in order to allow more time for painting than what I normally allocate. And I rarely argue with that concept, LOL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    WOW, That is fantastic

8. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Unbelievable Dave. Absolutely breathtaking

9. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    x2 Super UFD :eek: Ollie

10. CCarlson

CCarlson Active Member

UNCLE FREAKING DAVE That fish is just incredible. I was looking at the face detail of the fish, and kept waiting of that pectoral fin to move around.

Your fish are truly inspirational, thanks for posting.

11. hambone

hambone Well-Known Member

Now that's what you call getting your money's worth ,beautiful fish for sure.

12. shawn9106

shawn9106 New Member

Theres all levels of fish taxidermist here, awesome work for sure and I'm jealous of everyone here. I thought I'd show my bass here, not completely finished still have to add the lowers fins and find a piece of drift wood but it's all glossed up and gold scale tipped, this is my 6th fish and I still have a long road of learning. It's again on a cheap Archie Phillips blank (bought it for a little of nothing) 5 pounder I caught a while back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. wishbone

wishbone New Member

Looks good...but the eye?

14. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

Looking back, we sure have come far, I must say. A really entertaining couple of months, keep at it.

15. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Wow, it is great to see the quality of work on here ! very inspirational to see for sure. A couple from me this month, done for a table stand I had this weekend in Scotland. The cased tout was a 13 lb custom mold as was the Tub Gurnard, I have shown this on here before but revamped the base a bit, the Grayling is also a custom mold . I just couldn't get a good pic of the Trout case due to reflections, they are a nightmare to photograph.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. fishncatalina

fishncatalina Member

Redfish, Sea trout and flounder....I need a better camera! haha

Attached Files:

17. roonie

roonie Member

killer trophy walleye jimmy L

18. den007

den007 Active Member

Painted 2 "twin" brookies for client Dave Hopkins. Here is the tasteful display he created.

Attached Files:

19. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Thanks roonie

20. [​IMG]here's my perch,still in progress. I do a little every night after getting off work from the copper mine. I always argue with myself about how much should be done and when to say enuff is enuff lol. All in all I really just enjoy experimenting and trying new things.