1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Full time fish taxidermy position.

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by ely, Mar 3, 2016.

1. ely

ely New Member

Hello, we are looking for an experienced or up and coming, eager to learn fish taxidermist to join our company. The position is full time and would be working with fish exclusively for a fast growing company. Must be willing to relocate. If interested please pm me with experience and we can talk from there. Thank you.

2. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Might be worth your while to tell everyone where you are located....Telephone number email address etc. Just a friendly tip. JL

3. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

I sent you a PM. Id be interested pending workload, and payment. I am up and coming, and eager to learn. I have all my shots up to date, and all legal papers in order.

4. ely

ely New Member

Thanks for the tip JL, but I figured that would be discussed on a one to one basis, which is the reason I asked to be PM'ed. Trying to get a more personal response and leave the forum to more taxidermy related topics. Looking for people more interested in the job then where they will be for the initial consideration of the position.

5. Huh? Your phone, email, location will be discussed on a one to one basis??? Trying to leave the forum to more taxidermy related topics? How would someone contacting you for a job offer disrupt the forum? I guess I wasn't aware your "business" emails, phone calls, and location listing somehow directly get put on this forum.

I'll help this guy out.

Job Listing

Description: Looking for a moron to pm me on a website while arrogantly projecting an image of professional authority to come work for a kid who just took a taxidermy class at Vermillion Community College who now think sitting around drinking a 30-pack of Hamm's with his buddies and talking about starting their own taxidermy business is "an up-and-coming-company."

Salary: Maybe...sometimes...hopefully.

Benefits: Uh, hanging out with some guys that think they're super cool.

6. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. ely

ely New Member

Hey Matt, feel free to contact me anytime. 218-834-9260.

8. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:eek:

9. I'm not interested in the opportunity presently, but I did just put together a few hobby fish for myself. Maybe once they're done I'll post some pics on here and take you up on giving you a ring. I'd certainly benefit from a critique and some pointers, your work is fantastic Pete.

Look, I'm of the mindset that it's best when doing business (hiring especially) to just lay all the cards on the table and not sugarcoat it. If anything undersell what you're offering to not waste each other's time. I don't really understand your approach here and it made me think it was along the lines that it usually is. Sorry for making that assumption. I'd delete my post if it already wasn't quoted by someone. Hopefully, if nothing else, it will get you a few more views and inquiries. Again, I don't quite understand your style....personally, I'd be pushing the crap out of the location. There's a reason why it's one of the biggest tourist destinations in a state with some very respectable summer tourism figures.

Good luck with your hiring search and the business.

10. Wow... I think perhaps you jumped to a great many conclusions Mr. Jones. I'm sure you "facebooked" Peter Johnson in Ely, MN and found my profile... I have been doing taxidermy for a while, but my work is mainly commercial (large orders for store displays and whatnot for out-of-state retailers) so I don't share much about it... can't really because of contract agreements. You probably noticed I had a part time taxidermy business awhile back called "Wilderness Origins," but if you looked at the dates on facebook, you may have noticed that ended almost four years ago.... I've grown a good deal since then; most of that work was crap. I'm still learning with every piece I do. I never took any classes at Vermilion Community College, though I taught a few there on the side. I did some training with Rick Krane though out at his place.

I am not the one who put this post up. I know who did, and though it all seemed a little vague perhaps, it is a legit offer. The reason it was short and simple, in my opinion, was likely to weed out people that aren't serious. Perhaps that backfired... but you sir need to watch your tongue. Seriously, don't jump to conclusions and make sure harsh assumptions. Oh, and by the way Ely is located on HWY 169 not Bumf#@k nowhere.... I'm going to take the high road as best I can here and leave you with a few words of advice. Don't make assumptions. Don't stereotype all the VCC students (though I never was one, some of them have potential, as does every person). Don't be a dick.

11. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

Very well said Outdoorzman. if I were quite a bit younger starting out in fish I might have jumped at a chance to do what I love. Fish taxidermy is my favorite part of the job. Good luck ely I hope you find someone to fill your position.

12. ely

ely New Member

Thank you to all those who showed interest. The position has been filled. Have a great day everyone.

13. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Wow Matt what's going on in your life lately? You seem to be posting some biting posts lately. I know you sent one my way today too. Taking lessons from Roof?

And please don't bother ordering any fish from me this time. You just left me hanging last time. Good thing I don't send fish without payment.

14. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

ok here it is not hard to find out
    Silver Creek Taxidermy
    Address: 2062 Fors Rd, Two Harbors, MN 55616
    Phone: (218) 834-9260

15. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

ok here it is not hard to find out
    Silver Creek Taxidermy
    Address: 2062 Fors Rd, Two Harbors, MN 55616
    Phone: (218) 834-9260