1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

United Taxidermists of New York Convention ! April 7th- 10th

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by gobbl4me, Mar 4, 2016.

1. gobbl4me

gobbl4me New Member

Its that time of year again . We have great judges and seminars lined up for this years show. Judges are Kurt Ainsworth ( gameheads and mammals). Vincent Fleming ( whitetails). Brian Noody ( fish and birds). Please visit our website for all the info www.newyorktaxidermyassociation.com . We hope to see you there . Bill D

2. Great show.. Looking forward to seeing you next month Bill !!! Highly competitive and well run show from top notch people... There may even be some shenanigans going on at karaoke Saturday night

3. Jer

Jer Member

Looking forward to seeing everyone....its shaping up to be a super show. Great lineup of judges and seminars. Thanks Bill !

4. Awesome show lined up. Can't wait to see everyone and see some of the great mounts. The new location is fantastic.

5. With great sadness I had to cancel my seminar on Friday night. There will be a replacement one in its place. I have some family health issues that I am dealing with so I may not be able to attend. I will do my best to make it one of the days to see every one. New shop number is 315-286-5939 Tri-Ponds Taxidermy.

Gregg Ielfield

6. Sorry to hear that Gregg, was looking forward to seeing you ,, we haven't partied in the last couple years,

mike V

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

The New York show is always a blast. Karaoke sounds like it could be fun! Need to make it back there one of these days.

8. As some of you may know I've been hospitalized for the past week. I am not getting discharged until earliest Wed . and have been told not to travel for a few days afterwards. I'm sad to say I'll need to cancel my seminar for Friday.
    I apologize to everyone for this.
    I also like to say the UTNY is a great organization who has always been there for me. Not just this past week with texts and calls of encouragement but also in the past.year When I was dealing with some personal family tragedies I received so much support from this group along with the GSTA . They are truly part of my family. I am truly blessed to have such good people as friends. Thanks you everyone , your texts PMS and phone calls cards have meant a lot.
    I will truly miss seeing all your ugly mugs and laughing so hard awhile doing the auction... Most of all just being there and seeing the talents of so many wonderful taxidermist.
    I will be back next year for sure... You all run a great show that has excitement in the air the whole weekend keep up the great work

9. gobbl4me

gobbl4me New Member

Steve, you will be missed more than you can imagine. It won't be the same without you , We are all praying for a speedy recovery for you. Hang in there my friend.

10. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I miss you guys, hope you all have a blast. Bill, if you compete, I wish you luck. Youre certainly in very capable hands with those judges!

11. bnoody

bnoody Member

Was up at the NY show this weekend to judge fish and birds. I wanted thank everyone for their hospitality, I had a great time and really enjoyed viewing everyone's work. You have a great show up there and some talented artists, congratulations to all the big winners this weekend.

I also want to also wish Kurt quick recovery as he was not feeling well this weekend.

12. I would like to thank all the judges again for a great job. We can only get better with guidance such as yours. Even with the hiccups with seminar trouble, the show show was great as usual.
    I wish Steve and Kurt speedy recoveries. Gregg my prayers are with you and your family. And finally, Kris I am glad the deer only hurt your truck and not you.
    Thanks again to everyone.

13. My husband and I had a great time this weekend and everyone was awesome as always. The judges and the associations board did a wonderful job!

And DITTO on the well wishes and prayers, guys our thoughts and prayers are with you all!

14. gobbl4me

gobbl4me New Member

I want to thank the judges Kurt Ainsworth, Vincent Fleming and Brian Noody for doing a fantastic job ! You guys provided a lot of great information. Thank you Brian for doing an extra seminar. I also want to thank everyone that did a seminar, ( DJ Cornish, Brian Noody, Todd Capitano, Fred Vanderburgh, Vincent Fleming, Nikki Pigliavento, Brian Noody and Jay Mazur.) I also want to thank all suppliers! A big thank you to everyone who donated to the organization! Thank you to the BOD for all the hard work! Thank you to all the members that came and helped in supporting the show. Congratulations to all the winners ! The work at the show seems to just keep improving every year. We hope to see you all next year. Bill D

15. It was my pleasure, I just wish I could have done more. Hopefully in the future I can do just that. You have a great organization and some great leadership. Bill Dunn is a great choice for your president. He is a supper stand up guy. I am so thankful for him taking the time to watch over me at your show. I will be back to see you guys and galls again.