1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Full time

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by B Jones, Mar 5, 2016.

1. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

It has been months since I have visited taxidermy.net, I can't remember just how long it's been. I wanted to let all the people that know me that I have had some major changes in my life over the last couple months. Do to these changes I am starting my full time journey doing what I love, Taxidermy. Call me crazy but it's been a dream of mine for years, now is the time to do it. Wish me Luck!!

Brad

2. Maineiac36

Maineiac36 Active Member

Good luck, Brad!!

3. Best of luck Brad!

4. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Hope you aren't burned out in 30 years like me. LOL

5. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Are you nuts??? Just kidding you, we already know the answer. ;) Good luck.

6. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Best wishes

7. DT10Sam

DT10Sam No flow no go!

Brad,

All the best to you and do what you like each and every day and do not let anyone deter you from it. I am saying this because I have cancer that cannot be cured and right now my life is in God's hands as well as medical staff. I now look back and wish I did things that I am not able to do now as I am losing strength etc. and all I am doing is fighting to stay alive hopefully for as long as possible.

This now makes me realize that you need to make the decisions and enjoy your life and I am confident that you will.

Best regards
    Sam

8. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Brad you will make it and be successful at what ever you do! You are talented and have a great business mind so youl'll be great!

Rick

9. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Brad if this no-talent...colorblind person can make it for 65 years I'm sure you can make it. Good luck....JL

10. naturalcreati40

naturalcreati40 Active Member

Good luck buddy I hope it works out for you

11. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Good Luck Brad........

12. Good Luck.

13. den007

den007 Active Member

Brad, at some point, we all have this conversation with ourselves. Years ago, I decided to invest any extra $ we had into experiences, not things. I retired at age 55 and am now 62. Live in a stunning area of Mexico one month out of each year. I could lose a few (okay 30 pounds) and be better off. My sister sent me to her yuppie nutritionist. All she does is flit with her skinny little butt from room to room making folks feel guilty about eating, drinking, smoking, whatever. I decided if my lifestyle cuts 5 years off my life, okay. I am still going to eat ribs, smoke a Cuban cigar now and then, drink beer and tequila, and LIVE! Folks down here would not understand a person like that. A friend here has a tattoo……..Plan like you will live forever……..live like you will die tomorrow. I would give that advice to anyone. Run yourself ragged to collect more junk and make yourself crazy? Never! My 87 year old parents always talked of trips, going to Alaska, etc…..put it off year after year………now neither of them can walk and regret not doing what they could have done in younger years. Do what you can……never fear death…. live every minute you can…….it all goes by much too quickly. Be at peace with yourself and surround yourself with your loved ones. I wish you the best in whatever circumstances you may find yourself in.

14. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Denny,
    Some good WOA there. There was a lady in her late 90's who was interviewed and asked what her secret to longevity was. She said she has a shot of Whiskey and a good cigar every day.....lol. Btw, I sent you an email today.

15. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Rick, Brian, frank and all the rest of you guys thanks and Denny thanks for your post, much appreciated.