1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Canadian seagull legalities

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by boone90, Mar 13, 2016.

1. boone90

boone90 Dan Hastings

A question for my fellow Canadians. A dream sounds like it is about to come true next weekend....my buddy's uncle who farms turf and runs a composting operation has recieved a kill permit to control the seagulls that essentially molest his business all day everyday. My question is, can I mount these birds legally? Given that they are protected in all other circumstances will I need a special permit to possess and mount them? I would imagine a copy of the kill permit would be a given.....also what would I need to do to sell them to other taxi's or as completed mounts?...they may be a hot item given the inability to harvest by hunting. Boy this is gonna be fun!

2. muscle20

muscle20 New Member

I might as well be the one to bust your bubble of fun, but it is unlawful to sell migratory birds in North America, and Canada is included!

3. boone90

boone90 Dan Hastings

Ok bubble burst! Lol....what about mounting them for myself or gifting, do I need some sort of permit/paperwork?

4. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

Why not as the folks who actually enforce the laws instead of strangers on the computer ?

5. boone90

boone90 Dan Hastings

I figured someone might know and save me some time....No need to be condescending.....

6. boone90

boone90 Dan Hastings

Thanks for the reply I will look into it.