1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New 32" elk from HQ

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Big Cat, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Member

I mounted on Aaron Connelly's new 32'' offset yesterday. If the form could sew it would mount itself. This form is hands down the best 32" elk form on the market. I have mounted on them all and know elk I will mount around 100 a year. From the nose to brisket the thing is spot on. This is not the old 32'' which was his first elk form this is the new one. Just thought I would share it with you all how easy mounting a larger elk can be and how fast you can make money and have a awesome mount for your clients.

Leland Reinier

2. quest

quest Member

Utah
    Aaron Connelly he has a lot of talent.....

3. Swtchmob21

Swtchmob21 Active Member

Love HQ deer forms but I'm sorry their elk forms suck!

That it's just my opinion the only elk forms I care about are McKenzie they are legit

4. Their lion forms are by far the most accurate I've used. I'm using HQ more and more.

5. Big Cat

Big Cat Member

Most of the lion bodies were supplied by me. Aarron and I have been friends for a while.

6. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

The heads on his elk are by far the most accurate out there, excellent mannikins

7. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I have never used HQ elk forms, however, when I compare the form as I see it in the catalog with reference of an actual elk in that pose, they look much closer to the facial profile of an actual elk than other suppliers forms I have viewed.

8. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

Re: New 32" elk from HQ

Interesting. I would say just the opposite. Love their elk, their mule deer heads get made into rocks...each to their own I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Big Cat

Big Cat Member

I just thought I would put it out there that the NEW 32" is very nice. I have mounted thousands of elk in my life most of them being on McKenzie forms. with AArrons new form I didn't have the typical issues that you have with McKenzies. I was just trying to put it out there and help guys that don't mount a lot of elk or fight them everytime.

Leland

10. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Leland, how are they as far as antler clearance for a 50ish inch main beam. I have to tip the head down a bit on most elk forms which is such a pain in the butt.
    Regards, Geno

11. Big Cat

Big Cat Member

No head alteration needed. I know what you mean I have been cutting heads off for years. I have yet to cut any of Aarrons heads off and change angles.

Leland

12. J Kelly

J Kelly Member

Best elk forms of all time!!! Mckenzie's are a joke! Aaron has them spot on!!

13. cgsmith

cgsmith New Member

I really like HQ forms. I have used them for elk and deer and they both look very realistic. I still have problems getting the large elk to have enough antler clearance though. I just continue to cut the heads off or extend the neck a little bit. I have their brand new and first one sold of their DBHS. We actually sent them the carcass from the sheep. I can't wait to mount up this lifesize ram on a form from the actual animal!