1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ducks just stink....

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by idbatman, Mar 15, 2016.

1. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Is it just me or does that freezer burnt waterfowl smell seem to stick to you???? HHHHhaahaah . Last night I showered, changed clothes , brushed my teeth , blew my nose, cleaned my glasses and I could still smell it till I fell asleep. Upland dont seem to follow the rule but I could smell a duck from across the street.......

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I agree but I think I found a rival for them, I just put together a hen turkey as a stuffer decoy that had been in the freezer for a few years, as soon as it was brought in I could smell it. It rehydrated OK but it still smells of freezer burned bird fat, even after I put it through my bird fleshing and washing routine and mounted it. Good thing it is a decoy and not a mount for a trophy room.

3. WIpinfeather

WIpinfeather New Member

It isn't a joke. Wrose than cleaning a mess of pike. You ever try washing your hands with toothpaste? I works.

But the nastiest thing I ever put my hands on was a fisher.

It broke me of ever wanting to do mammals ever. The ticks and pee smell.(gag puke gag) Didn't even finish skinning it called the guy and said you don't have enough money for me to mount this thing.

4. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Well-Known Member

I don't know, all can smell is money ;D

my hands never stink thanks to Harbor Freight it is called all ways WARE RUBBER GLOVES! ;)

As far as the smell lingering on your cloths and in your nose it is called cloths pin and rain suit LOL ;D ;D

5. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I did a Pelican this year. Now there's a smell that makes duck smell like roses.

6. nate

nate Active Member

Brandt also have their own odor to them

7. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I forgot about Scoters.

8. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

You will look back fondly on all of those if you ever have the chance to skin and mount a penguin.

9. davewooddell

davewooddell New Member

I remember your penguin.
    DW

10. Doug B

Doug B Well-Known Member

I Love The Smell of Duck Fat in the Morning ! ;D

11. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

You are a sick man, Doug B!

LOL!! :D

12. My husband will comment occassionally that I smell like a duck(or a goose) and I tell him that's the smell of money!!!!! Gojo or orange hand cleaner will get off duck grease no problem! I wear gloves and an apron when i am degreasing and skinning.:)

13. Doug B

Doug B Well-Known Member

I'm also fond of the aroma of Mink too. LOL

My wife just loves when I'm skinning mink! LOL