1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Golden shiner paint schedule

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Jlure, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Jlure

Jlure New Member

Looking for a golden shiner paint schedule and paint scheme.. I've been searching no stop and coming up empty handed. Any one have a paint schedule for a golden or silver shiner? Much appreciated!
    Thanks Jason
    [email protected]

2. Jlure

Jlure New Member

Can anyone point me in a direction or person?

3. Steve.J

Steve.J Member

Have you tried google? Here's a couple images I found just by doing a search. Just study the photos and paint what you see. I would probably start by antiquing with a dark brown to bring out the details and darken the scale pockets. Then lightly spray a dark brown or candy paynes grey over the back fading down, then spray a silver along the sides, then white from belly fading into silver. Then scale tip with silver. You could then tone the tipping as desired with yellows or gold. Add in some iridescent blue, violet, green on select scales and areas. For the fins lightly spray dorsal and caudal with candy golden yellow and darken at base with dark brown fading into yellow and then fade into white at very edge.
    Again, look at your reference and go from there. Also remember the rules of color. If you want something to be bright, like bright reflective silver, you must start with a dark canvas to apply the silver over.
    Hope this helps to get you started.
    -Steve

Attached Files: