1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bird flesher

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Dannynewman, Mar 19, 2016.

1. I have only done a few duck mount and have fleshed them all by hand it sucks and takes a long time, so I'm looking at buying a bird flesher, any advice on which one to buy and why would be greatly appreciated.

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I would not purchase the new angle feather flesher. It is not fan cooled and constantly overheats. It sits so close to the table that it is hard to get anything bigger than a grouse under the wheel.
    I had to take a small sledge hammer to the metal chassis and bend it to an upright position, put it on blocks, and add two big fans to just to be able to do a turkey... Not worth it.

3. Thanks for info Tanglewood

4. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

I got the one from McKenzie. The heavy duty. Done everything from Teal to Turkey and never had it bog down or overheat.

5. bowelk

bowelk Member

The heavy duty unit from Van Dykes is fine for anything from quail to turkey. Buy a second brush though, and add it to the one that comes on the machine. Amazing how much better it fleshes.