1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Elk form

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Tannertroop, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

I don't mount a lot of elk and have a really big elk pedestal to do and wanted suggestions. I have certain whitetail forms that I like but not real sure what elk forms mount the up the best. I use a lot of coombs whitetails and saw that they have a elk ped that would work. Just looking for some input. Thanks

2. Gurneyjockey

Gurneyjockey Member

Headquarters are great, Mckenzie's are nice as well. I've never used Coombs elk

3. jk

jk Active Member

McKenzie's mount up really easily.

4. Jacob N.

Jacob N. Member

Idaho
    Coombs elk forms are really nice. Is your mount bugling? I'm not a big fan of the McKenzie closed mouth floor pedestal form. Their bugle forms are nice though.

5. cgsmith

cgsmith New Member

I would get the best form you like and that fits then make it into a pedestal. HQ sells a nice pedestal rod and plate combo. Just drill a hole in the bottom of the form and foam or bondo the metal tubing in place. Be sure to put it right up next to the backboard. Then you can build a back with rocks, flocking, or whatever else you like or just foam it in and carve out the foam if you prefer the curved back. I would post a pic of one I just did of a 396" bull but I'm somewhat computer illiterate.