1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Paraloid container

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by jfake, Apr 6, 2016.

1. jfake

jfake Member

I finally got some paraloid and I am not sure what is best to store it in, I am worried it will evaporate if I use the wrong type of container. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

2. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

Well, I use one of the 2LB metal coffee cans with a plastic lid to store it, I mix mine with acetone, it will harden after awhile, no big deal you just add acetone into the can and after a day of so it's liquid again. Then you can adjust its thickness/thinness by the amount of additional acetone you add..

3. tom k

tom k New Member

I mix mine in alcohol and in a plastic bucket with lid. No troubles yet

4. I use clean 1 gallon metal paint can. You can get new ones at Lowes. Small skulls/bones can be dipped and larger stuff I have to brush. But the lid seals and prevents evaporation between uses. Makes it easier to keep your mixture at the level you prefer.

5. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Use clean containers that are made for paint. Metal or plastic. If plastic, a #2 in a triangle should be on the bottom. I use the white buckets from Home Depot. You can dissolve it in either denatured alcohol or acetone. If you are making a small amount you can also use a glass jar with a tight lid. Acetone will evaporate a lot faster than the alcohol. Still, you should have a container with a tight lid to prevent spills/accidents as well as to keep out debris. I use the Home Depot buckets and they have very good lids.

6. jfake

jfake Member

Thanks for all the good answers.. I bought an empty paint can from home depot.