1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

need help please

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by taxidermyfreak, Apr 13, 2016.

1. taxidermyfreak

taxidermyfreak ***RIP DAD & JONNY***

I need some help i feel like i am losing money every year on turkeys... but i have not changed my price in 7 or 8 years ..
    what are you guys charging these days for flying-full strut- half strut and just walking???? Any and all advise would be greatly app.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME SHAWN

2. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

I know this has been said a million times but you need to figure out what ii takes for you to mount a turkey and charge accordingly. It should not matter what others charge. I will answer your question though. I charge $650.00 for a turkey. I do not know if that is good or bad, it is just what I charge. I was at $550.. and raised my prices last year because I did not want many turkeys. Well it backfired and I ended up with more than ever.

3. taxidermyfreak

taxidermyfreak ***RIP DAD & JONNY***

Thanks todd for the info... sorry i looked for a post related to this and could not fined one... But yes i WILL BE CHANGING MY PRICES NOW LOL way to low...

4. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

LOL

5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Number of hours in the mount times shop rate plus cost of materials including shipping. You will never be under charging if you shop rate is on. I get $425 for a breast mount/tail mount with artificial or freeze dried head that I paint.

6. twinrivers

twinrivers Active Member

What is your shop rate out of curiosity?

7. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Everything under the sun that it takes to operate my business reduced to an hourly rate.