1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Average turn around time

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by K1976g, Apr 18, 2016.

1. K1976g

K1976g New Member

Just wondering what your average turn around time is for a whitetail shoulder mount? I've been waiting over 2 years for mine.. .

2. K1976g

K1976g New Member

Sorry didn't see the similar post!

3. Manitikan

Manitikan New Member

Is a web of knowledge on the subject line.

4. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

That's a loaded question that when you get your answer might not even tell you anything. The old adage Cheap, Good, or fast pick two applies. Have you talked to the taxidermist about it?

5. K1976g

K1976g New Member

When I originally dropped it off he said it would be ready in 1 year. Just really wondering if other taxidermist have a similar turn around time .

6. T2LTaxidermy

T2LTaxidermy Member

A year is my turn around. And I'm full time.

7. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

I'm currently at 1-2 years, trying to get it down to 1 year but work another job and am a perfectionist, doing stuff competition quality and not making money on it, can't compete with the guys who are cranking out commercial quality stuff. Have a couple I was 2+ years on, trying to get those done and out the door.

8. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

I'm the same as Katie C, plus this year has really sucked 2 surgeries, and a new position at work, quality tech. Company is making aerospace and parts for airlines (ie) wing assembles. I'm the last guy to inspect part before going to the plane. Don't forget the honey do list and taking her on vacation.

9. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

A year is typical for a one man shop that does decent work. Talk to the guy.

10. K1976g

K1976g New Member

I talked to him he said there are 10 in front of mine. Won't be long now. All good here.