1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Crows and Ravens

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by moonshine, Apr 24, 2016.

1. moonshine

moonshine Active Member

I am looking to buy a few Crows and or Ravens thank you

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Do you like jail time, or at least paying stiff fines? I'm quite certain that crows cannot be bought or sold and ravens can't even be possessed, unless you are a museum or educational institution and have the proper paperwork from the USFW.

3. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    He's right .

4. moonshine

moonshine Active Member

I did not know that thank you for the info

5. frenchydermist

frenchydermist New Member

i know its an old topic but if it can help..here in Canada, we can buy dead crows from hunters during the right periods. RAvens are protected amd treated like birds of prey...You shoul check with the game wardens of your state!

6. Tom Mayer

Tom Mayer Member

There is a Crow season here in Washington State. I'm not sure if it's legal to sell them. I know they are not eaten. I wonder if they can be gifted?

7. Brian

Brian Active Member

Sure can gift a crow.rules are same as waterfowl.but possession of a raven is a no no.

8. Ted

Ted Member

A game warden in NV told a friend how to tell the difference between crows and ravens. When you shoot it if it falls it is a crow.

Wardens in NV hate ravens because they eat baby tortoises, which are endangered. Open dumps have attracted ravens and crows.