1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Site getting slower and slower. Sometimes does nothing

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Cecil, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Anybody else?

2. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Yes, same here.
    I can usually click maybe 6 or 8 times, to view posts or switch forums, etc, and then it locks up. Trying to make a post is even worse; that will almost always bring it to a halt.
    I think it might be having a conflict with my ad-blocker, but I don't really care. When it freezes up I go someplace else. No big deal.

3. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Same here.

4. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I have a new issue with the website. It's blinking occasionally as if I have a bad connection. But it doesn't do it on any other website. Anybody else?

5. All most every morning it does no good to try to log in. It just sits there and finally I get this. Frustrating indeed ! Yet I can go any wheres else on the web I care to go. log into any other forum I desire too. One of the reasons I dont get on here much anymore. Occasionally the same thing happens at night sometimes.

[​IMG]

6. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Karma!

:p

7. Gary A

Gary A N. West Taxidermy 208-404-9706

Same here. Just started to reuse the site. Its been many years. Really a pain in the arse. I'd have thought it would have been upgraded. Get that "unavailable" post alot. Especially after typing a long reply. Then it's lost. Really not user friendly. Ugh!!

8. Gary A

Gary A N. West Taxidermy 208-404-9706

Funny as hell, i had to retype my gripe. Super SLOW.

9. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

I've learned to highlight and copy any longer posts to alleviate losing any information. This way if the site bombs you just "paste" your thread into a Word document and you can copy/paste it back onto the website later when it's up and running. Nothing more frustrating to spend 15 minutes typing a post only to lose it - (But, not if you do this!) An extra precautionary step, but well worth the extra 10 seconds IMO...

10. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I work from home. Computer stuff all day. When my system gets slow and starts to hang up, I do a few things that seem to help.
    1. Clear my browsing history, temp files and cookies- found under "internet options" - Warning: you will need to re-enter passwords so be aware.
    2. Shut down my computer
    3. Unplug my router and modem for 15/20 seconds. Longer if you have the patience.
    4. Plug in router, modem and restart computer.

The majority of times it works, but not every time. Just a thought.

11. The pop up at the bottom of the screen is starting to annoy me.

12. FishArt

FYI, depending on what browser you're using, you can click the "save passwords" box (Chrome) when zapping your history, etc. and not have to re-type that info in... Unfortunately, this is not the fix for this problem. I believe the only fix is for the software to be upgraded/replaced and I also believe that is quite expensive and labor intensive to upgrade - hence the reason we're dealing with it - lol :( ...

13. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

On Sunday, June 5, we migrated the Taxidermy.Net website to a new server which should improve the speed and performance.

14. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Thank you Ken. I can sure tell!

15. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Wow!
    It's a huge improvement! Thanks, Ken and everybody.

16. FishArt

Yep, I notice my little processing arrow stops now whereas (before the change) this sites pages would never stop processing. Huge difference (so far!)