1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New showroom ideas

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by DogSoldierChick, Apr 27, 2016.

1. So I just completed my new showroom. It's around 300 sq ft. It has 10.5 ft ceilings so I'm wanting to put a few flying mounts around the top. Not being a duck hunter and only getting in 10-15 a year id like your opinions on if you had a blank slate what ducks or even geese in your opinion make the prettiest showroom pieces? I can't have a ton so I want to be picky kinda.

I have a couple mallards to mount for sure.

I have a standing pintail and I know I want some standing woodies.

What others? Blue wing teal? Shovelers? Wigeon? Or just take what I can get gifted? I do like color and patterns.... Thanks for any ideas!!

[​IMG]

2. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

That looks awesome !! I don't think it would matter much but me personally I'd go with the mallard, woodduck and your Pintail . Congrats on your new showroom looks great !
    Tommy

3. EHile

EHile Member

If you an get one, a drake hooded merganser might look nice in there (looks great so far, by the way!) - they have striking plumage, unusual morphology, and the colours would contrast nicely with the wood paneling on the wall (in my humble opinion). I also think a cinnamon teal drake would look awesome with the wood.
    In any case, woodies and pintails are downright beautiful birds you can't go wrong with.

4. Genie

Genie Member

Nice showroom! A few smaller ducks (or teal) that are "coming in" always look nice. They could be suspended or wall mounted.

5. Thank you guys it's been a labor of love. I have 900 sq ft in my new shop. The work side isn't completely finished but it's got a garage door, drain, and lift to name a few things. I also have a full attic for storage which is nice and a ten foot porch.

6. [​IMG]

7. Nice showroom Girl the really like the ceiling ,I did Mine similar

8. rigbobby

rigbobby Active Member

I like your light fixture.

9. I would mount the same kind of birds your clients bring in,,that way they see exactly what their mount will look like when they pick it up.. Verry nice shop till it rains when your loading a mount,,,might want to install a rain gutter

10. We are installing a gutter once it's all done. Still working on the workroom side.

11. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I agree with displaying the type of mounts you will be doing as this is advertising to your local customers what their mounts will look like. Word of caution...do whatever you can to keep the sun off the mounts. Drapes and shades, etc. as the sun will bake the color and details out of your mounts. Also move them around on a monthly basis so as to not imprint their shape on your walls. Your wagon wheel light would be a good place to display a couple of standing birds. Looks like a nice shop and display area....just don't make it so comfortable the customer hesitates to leave....lol. Good luck. JL

12. mimes

mimes New Member

Mount your local varieties in several different easy poses that you like and can do quickest. You will find the customers pick those more often, making for easier money. Seeing that you are from TN, I would assume half of your birds are wood ducks.

13. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

your showroom looks nice, just don't over clutter the ceiling with to many birds