1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 9~ May Edition 2016!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, May 1, 2016.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 9~ May Edition 2016!!!!!!!

A warm hello from Albuquerque New Mexico it’s has been a great pleasure to be here at the annual New Mexico Taxidermist Association convention! The South West truly inspirational works of fish art and wonderful artists! I posted some photos of the show so you can see the fish work if you like over on the Industry page.

May is a great month to get ahead of the winter taxidermy projects so you can get ready for the summer! I do you get to go out and do some fishing and also attend the upcoming taxidermy shows around the country in the month of May. Attending a Local Taxidermy show is such a great opportunity to attend a taxidermy show as there are opportunities for seminars and to be inspired by the great work you’ll see when you attend. You will make lifelong friends and if its not your first show you will have a chance to see old friends and visit with great suppliers. I hope to see you at the Colorado Taxidermy Association the first weekend in June!

2016 The year of Inspiration! This year I want to you to find inspiration in the work you do and the work of others! Each and every month folks have the courage to display there work and share their talents regardless of where they are in the pursuit of learning taxidermy to demonstrate all levels of skill. This is a great and a brave thing to give to all of us as a gift of inspiration.

Once again want to thank and commend all of you, as there are so countless unique contributors and many new ones alike that all share in this great string that has been around from many, many years now! I just want to remind and assure folks that we all begin some where and work hard at being the best we can all be as taxidermists. It is and always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show there work with out criticism and hard comments! So lets remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get to involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

What a truly outstanding Month in April as the last month of the calendar year for the month in Fish pictures! Thanks to all the friends sharing their gifts and talents! I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

We all share in fish pictures as a common place with friendliness and positive observations of inspiration as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I thought it would be different and fun to share a few photos of fish work in progress. We all have the opportunity to share work in progress so maybe a few photos of your work in progress this month might just be fun!

I want to Start May with a cool fish or 2 from some time sent at Rusty Bells Taxidermy Studio in Gillette while we worked with Jeff and Brad with some Chum Salmon and a Spawning Steelhead for Mr. Mike Pomerane of Wyoming
    So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the Month! See you in June 2016!!!

You're Friend

Rick Krane

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Here is a custom mold and cast 15'' Largemouth . This fish was built like a tank and had such a great shape. It looks like a much bigger fish. So here is a commercial "Ditch Pickle" as UFD calls them.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a closer head shot
    [​IMG]
    Here is a shot of the fins
    [​IMG]
    And a closeup of the eye and paint around it. It's always hard to capture all the depth in the paint work in photos for me ...
    [​IMG]

3. nokes

nokes New Member

Re: The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 9~ May Edition 2016!!!!!!!

Great work as always Jimmy!

4. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

That bass is top of the line commercial for sure!

5. Jimmy Lawrence

Thanks guys. The customer loved it. I see a few pin holes that I didn't notice until looking at the pictures. I'm sure the customer never will.

6. just finished this one.

Attached Files:

7. This might be better.

Attached Files:

8. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

I'm not really in "fish mode" right now, but I had time to wholesale this crappie for another taxi. Carve and mount only.[​IMG]

9. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

HOLY COW Cory. Did you get a weight on that crappie? At that length it's a record class crappie ANYWHERE!!!!

10. Wow!! I really like the bass mount!! And the crappie is huge!!
    I'm new in taxidermy. I just joined this forum and I'm glad I did. This is a great place for the beginners to learn. Thank you guys for sharing your professional works and opinions.

11. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

I didn't weigh the crappie myself. I was told it was hovering around 4 lbs, that's not up for me to say. Missouri fish is all I know.

12. Jimmy, that is a super commercial bass. I appreciate it when they aren't over-painted; nicely done. And that crappie is simply ridiculous; what a monster.

Here's a summer, great lakes coho (not something I see too often... and never this size). The photo the customer gave me was pretty blue; so, I painted what I saw. This is a 360 degree skinmount, but I only painted one side... I just wanted to mold it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Jimmy and Outdoorzman those fish are awesome. I thought I saw one of them move in the picture.

14. Steve.J

Steve.J Member

24" Brown Trout Reproduction

Attached Files:

15. Sarmite

Sarmite Active Member

LV
    Hello to all here! it is reallllllly long time from my last post here and last time visiting taxidermy.net. Here are few photos of my Oscarfish replica, which i made for ETC last year. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Brian

Brian Active Member

Beautiful bass.

Starmite-really cool mount.don't see those too often.

17. naturalcreati40

naturalcreati40 Active Member

really nice bass Jimmy L

18. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    Simple Wild Caught Y-Perch +++++
    [​IMG]

19. Jimmy Lawrence

Holy crap. That perch is something else. Those fins!

20. dougp

dougp Active Member

Super job Tim!! ;D